The current Parish Finance Council was established in November 2006. The purposes of the Finance Council are these:
- To assist and advise the Pastor in performing evaluations of current and future financial matters of the parish and parish organizational activities.
- To ensure that financial controls are employed with regards to the use of parish financial resources through the adherence to budgetary principles and regular reporting of results.
- To assist the parish and the pastor in establishing reasonable guidelines and protections, both financially and operationally, in order to comply with the principles established by the Los Angeles Archdiocese.
- To assist the Pastor in providing accurate financial information to the Assumption community.
The responsibilities of the Finance Council are:
- Review, analyze and evaluate the monthly and annual parish financial results.
- Examine and recommend improvements to existing financial systems.
- Evaluate the proper and equitable usage of all parish properties and buildings.
- Plan and assist the Pastor in the preparation of the annual parish budget.
- Assist the pastor with Stewardship administration.
- Advise the Pastor regarding on any acts of extraordinary administration.
- Other such activities determined by the Pastor.
Membership in the Finance Council is determined by Pastor appointment. Members are appointed to a 3-year term, which is renewable for a maximum of six consecutive years.
2019 Committee Members are:
Pastor – Fr. Mike Ume
Chairperson – Mike Conway
Members – Bob Gregg, Lou Holtz, Jolean Matsumoto, Lindsey McGregor, Dale Pelch
Business Manager – Kathy Tracy