The position entails instructing catechumens and candidates on what Catholics believe. Preparing them for various rites and sacraments. Helping to recruit volunteers for various ministries. Assigning liturgical ministers to various liturgical celebrations. Keeping and updating the Virtus certificate of the ministers.
- Instruct catechumens and candidates on the teachings of Catholic Church by apprenticing them in the living Word of God, community life, prayer, and works of mercy.
- Coordinates and attends the various Rites throughout the year and working with the Presider, Musicians, and Sacristans.
- Educates the parish leadership and parish community concerning the RCIA process and the primary role the community plays in that process.
- Responsible for supervising RCIA team and other volunteers.
- Conducts recruitment, training, and ongoing formation of members of the RCIA team in the catechumenal ministry.
The coordinator of volunteers is responsible for overseeing:
- The selection of volunteers for various ministries
- The orientation and training of volunteers for different ministries
- Working together with the head of various ministries to organize ministry fair.
- Keeping up to date the Virtuus certificate of volunteers
- Making sure that every ministry has a leader or a supervisor.
Education, Training, Abilities and Experience:
- Have the necessary training, education and background in theology and religious education.
- Must have specific training in adult catechesis.
- Prior experience as a member of an RCIA Team will be an advantage.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Managerial skills
- Ability to schedule, prioritize and produce work in a timely manner
- Initiative and self-direction.
- High level of discretion and integrity
- Able to work at regular evenings classes and weekends when necessary.
Please email resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: $17 to $21 per hour
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on an internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider several factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, and other department needs.
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
2640 E. Orange Grove Blvd.
Pasadena, Ca. 91107