Message from Fr. Mike
IN-PERSON MASS IN APRIL
I asked for your opinion and you gave it to me! Thank you very much. From the survey, it is clear that people want to come back into the church. Out of 165 people who responded to the survey, 112 said that they would like to come back for in-person Mass in the Church, and 46 people would like to wait. How do we minister to those who would like to wait? The answer is “Live Stream Mass.” We have improved our online Mass and will continue to work on it. While 116 people said that they prefer to have the Mass inside the church, 28 people prefer it outside, and 21 people prefer online Mass.
How do we come up with a schedule that will satisfy these three constituencies? I also looked at what other parishes are offering. The Cathedral has in-person Mass in the Cathedral. The other two parishes in Pasadena have in-person Mass in the church.
Based on these facts before us, here is a Mass schedule that will begin on April 9, the Second Sunday of Easter (Divine Mercy Sunday) and will continue through the summer.
3:30-4:30 pm Confession (Parking Lot)
5:00 pm Mass (inside the church)
7:30 a.m. Mass (inside)
9:00 a.m. Mass (inside) with Live Stream
11:00 a.m. Mass (inside) with Live Stream
12:10-12:30 p.m. Communion in the Parking Lot
5:00 pm Mass (Outside in the school Parking Lot)
Monday to Friday 8:15 p.m. (inside) with Live Stream (7:45 a.m. Morning Prayer)
This might look like an ambitious schedule, and you might be right, but let us try it until the end of summer. At the end of summer, we will re-evaluate the whole schedule and come up with something that will be permanent.
CONDITIONS FOR THESE MASSES.
Covid-19 is not yet over. It is still spreading. We need to observe the following and more.
- Parishioners must wear facemasks and practice social distancing (6 feet apart, unless they are family members who live together in the same house).
- Hand sanitizers are available at all entrances.
- No hand shakes.
- People experiencing symptoms or considered at higher risk are advised to stay at home.
- The ongoing dispensation from the Sunday obligation to attend Mass is still on.
- The invitation to the Sign of Peace is omitted. No physical contact should be made during the Sign of Peace.
- Before Communion, the priest should raise a host to the congregation and say, “The Body of Christ,” with the congregation responding, “Amen,” so as to minimize spoken interaction between the priest and the communicant during the distribution of Communion.
- All will enter through the doors facing the Parking Lot and exit through the doors facing the street.
- No Reservation is needed.
PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO HELP SANITIZE THE PEWS AFTER MASS
Fr. Mike’s Trip Home Journal: